2 medium onions, sliced thin
8 oz. mushrooms, quartered
3 lb. chicken, cut up or 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 oz. canned plum tomatoes
1 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
1 lb. spaghetti
Special equipment: 6-quart slow cooker
- Place onions and mushrooms in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place the chicken pieces on top of the onions. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Crush the plum tomatoes in your hands and add them over the chicken. Add the garlic, tomato sauce, herbs and wine or stock.
- Cover the pot and cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours.
- Just before the chicken is finished cooking, boil water for the pasta. Cook the pasta and drain.
- Serve the chicken with its sauce over the pasta you have prepared.